Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fathers Day - Mike



Now now now...don't think I forgot about you!
I don't really know if I've ever shared this moment with you...but if I have it will bring a smile to your face again and if I haven't than I'm sure you'll love it.
I was on my laptop one day at the apartment and you didn't officially really live there yet but you had been in my life for a couple years at that point and I knew it was at the point that you were ether gonna stay forever or leave...and I began writing you a letter...as I heard the key in the door. 
You came through and said hello and told me you had forgotten something in the bathroom. 
You quickly went through whatever you "forgot" and than smiled and said goodbye.
I being a weird preteeny teen than got mad that you interrupted my concentration and stopped writing but in that letter would have been me explaining that I loved you. That I loved the happiness you brought my mom and me and that if you wanted too...that you could stay forever...but you would have to marry my mom. It was an essential part of forever. The letter was me trying to express to you that I actually liked one of my moms boyfriends and that even though you were mostly bald that you were alright. I never gave you that letter or finished it because a couple days later...you did the exact thing I was thinking about. 
You asked my mom to marry you.
YOU BEAT ME TOO IT! 
BUT I think its crazy how now when I look back I know that you didn't forget anything that day...you went looking for a ring to make sure you bought the right size and in that same moment I was looking for a "ring" to give you..so Happy Fathers Day to you, Mike
Thank you for always pushing me to be crazy. 
For supporting my dreams.
For talking with me about life.
For understanding.
and for not just accepting me into your family but throwing me into the crazy Redmond world.
Although when I first met you I didn't think you'd last 2 weeks I'm really really really glad you stuck around. 
Love you Batman!












No comments:

Post a Comment